Persistence is an interactive adventure that was presented at the 2018 Commonwealth Games Festival. Audience members wore a custom built electronic badge, the artificially intelligent running coach Corey.
Participants adopted the role of a runner, while Corey guided them around the Cairns Esplanade and through a series of challenges. Each challenge explored how they juggled the demands of their lives against their ambitions.
A large, neon lit sculpture anchored the show in the esplanade parklands.
- 2018/04/09 - 2018/04/15, Commonwealth Games Festival. The Esplanade, Cairns(AU)
- 30 minutes.
- Currenty unavailable.
- Writers: Clinton Freeman and Carl Turner
- Set Design and Construction: Clinton Freeman, Carl Turner and Tim Allan
- Sound Design: Mike Willmett
- Recorded Performers: Matt Rainey, Rebecca Youdell, Carl Turner and Miriam Carter
- Dramaturgy: Nathan Sibthorpe
- Thanks: Nick Wong
- Persistence from Carl’s perspective
- How to fix z-axis crashes on a 2418 Mini CNC Milling Machine.
- How do I improve the accuracy of a 2418 mini CNC mill?
- How to build a 2418 Mini CNC Milling Machine.
Persistence has been generously supported by:
The Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) is a partnership between the Queensland Government and Cairns Regional Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.
- 2019/04/08 - Switched to standard project template
Become a Patreon to get early and behind-the-scenes access along with email notifications for each new post.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So to everyone that supports this place - thank you.