My name is Clinton Freeman, a software engineer who lives in Queensland, Australia. These days I mostly build technology for creative projects. Stuff like:
Sometimes I sell a few kits and other bits over at the online bodega. All proceeds help enable this place. Thanks!
I find writing helpful and share my articles on the off chance that they're useful to others. A complete list can be found in the directory, but here is a selection:
Latest: The Tyranny of Gravity
A few years ago, artists Sue Corke and Hagen Betzwieser created a work titled ‘A Touch of Home’. It’s an altered version of the ‘Earthrise’ photo that was captured during the Apollo 8 mission. Corke and Betzwieser made the moon appear to be infested with rabbits using a photo taken in South Australia in 1938. Alongside, they quote Thomas Austin, the English settler who introduced rabbits to Australia in 1859.
I love it. After all, in 1859, the European colony in Australia was so far and remote from ‘mother’ England, that in today’s terms, it could have been on Mars.
The first British settlements in Australia were effectively the Martian outposts of the 18th and 19th century. It may seem outrageous but hear me out.continue reading...
- Why do my 3D prints curl and lift?
- How much power does a 3D printer use?
- How do I stop plastic from oozing when 3D printing?
- Is 3D Printed PLA food safe?
- How to control DMX devices with the Raspberry Pi.
- How to connect the Raspberry Pi to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor.
- What are the best SD cards to use in a Raspberry Pi?
- Using Golang to connect Raspberry PIs and Arduinos over serial
- The Painted Internet
- How Banksy Authenticates His Work
- Book Review - Seeing Is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees.
- ASCII Art
- How to measure your true heading with a HMC5883L magnetometer
- DFPlayerMini cheat sheet
- Flyback Diodes
- Non-blocking control of stepper motors on Arduino
- Royal Observatory
- How responsive are Estimote iBeacons?
- An Open Love Letter to Van Neistat
- Original Reference Material
How can I contact you?
email@example.com Obviously, you’ll want to replace my-first-name with my actual first name.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!