My name is Clinton Freeman, a software engineer who lives in Queensland, Australia. These days I mostly build technology for creative projects. Stuff like:
Sometimes I sell a few kits and other bits over at the online bodega. All proceeds help enable this place. Thanks!
I find writing helpful and share my articles on the off chance that they're useful to others. A complete list can be found in the directory, but here is a selection:
Latest: Home School Crash Course - Part 1
I know right? What a shitshow. But this article is not about that; the why. This is about the how. Because right now, you might be finding yourself in a situation where you are unexpectantly running a home school for your kids.
Now before we get into this, I need to make it clear: I’m no expert. I don’t have a degree in teaching and I have only been home schooling my daughter for four months. I’m new to this. Real new. Just like you. But being this fresh is going to be helpful. In the words of Michael Sweet and Larry K. Michaelsen:
A student who has who has just broken through a misconception into a clear understanding can still freshly recall the nature of that misconception, recognize it in his peers, and help them similarly advance
That’s just the academic way of saying “Yo, check out this sweet scar. Wanna hear how I got it?”continue reading...
- Why do my 3D prints curl and lift?
- How much power does a 3D printer use?
- How do I stop plastic from oozing when 3D printing?
- Is 3D Printed PLA food safe?
- How to control DMX devices with the Raspberry Pi.
- How to connect the Raspberry Pi to a Bluetooth heart rate monitor.
- What are the best SD cards to use in a Raspberry Pi?
- Using Golang to connect Raspberry PIs and Arduinos over serial
- The Painted Internet
- How Banksy Authenticates His Work
- Book Review - Seeing Is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees.
- ASCII Art
- How to measure your true heading with a HMC5883L magnetometer
- DFPlayerMini cheat sheet
- Flyback Diodes
- Non-blocking control of stepper motors on Arduino
- Royal Observatory
- How responsive are Estimote iBeacons?
- An Open Love Letter to Van Neistat
- Original Reference Material
How can I contact you?
email@example.com Obviously, you’ll want to replace my-first-name with my actual first name.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!