My name is Clinton Freeman, a software engineer who lives in Queensland, Australia. These days I mostly build technology for creative projects. Stuff like:
I find writing helpful and share my articles on the off chance that they're useful to others. A complete article list can be found in the directory, but here are some of the more popular ones:
Latest: Goodbye Google Analytics
Today I finally ditched Google Analytics. It’s something that’s been kicking around my to do list for a while. But as I got into it? I realised that the rise of ad blockers has rendered Google Analytics pretty much useless. Sure, I could have massaged Google Analytics around the Ad Blockers, but that’s a dick move. It’s almost on par with those websites that try to shame you and your choice of browser extensions. Nah buddy, you and your shaming site can get stuffed. Do you have any idea how many other things that are competing for my attention?
Whoa. I was on a slippery slope to a rant there. So anyway, I nixed Google Analytics.continue reading...
- Why do my 3D prints curl and lift?
- How much power does a 3D printer use?
- How do I stop plastic from oozing when 3D printing?
- Is 3D Printed PLA food safe?
- Raspberry Pi comparison chart
- What are the best SD cards to use in a Raspberry Pi?
- How to Bootstrap a Raspberry Pi from your Laptop
- Using Golang to connect Raspberry PIs and Arduinos over serial
- How responsive are Estimote iBeacons?
- An Open Love Letter to Van Neistat
- Original Reference Material
- Non-blocking control of stepper motors on Arduino
The above 'family tree' of influences is a bit of an advent calender, initialed names are my current research front. After I have found out as much as I can about the work of someone I admire, I write them a love letter. The initials of their influences get added and the family tree grows.
How can I contact you?
firstname.lastname@example.org Obviously, you’ll want to replace my-first-name with my actual first name.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!