Red Light was programmed as part of the socially distanced 2020 Brisbane Festival, billed as bedtime stories for adults, I developed virtual theatre software to deliver the performance as a phone call. With capacity for 170 patrons, switchboard software dials the audience into a radio play style performance. The dialling algorithm is able to deal with common situations such as missed calls and voice mail, retrying a few times to ensure a patron doesn’t miss the performance. A visual dashboard provides a clear overview of how patrons are progressing through the show.
- 25-30 minutes
- 2020/09/09 - 2020/09/23, Brisbane Festival. Virtual Theatre, Brisbane(AU).
- Producers: The Good Room
- Writers: Mandy Beaumont, Krissy Kneen, Benjamin Law
- Sound Design: Guy Webster
- Technical Director: Nathan Sibthorpe
- Software Design: Clinton Freeman
- Voice Actors: Rebecca Roberts, George Pullar, Kate Wilson, Robert Coleby, Jackson McGovern Jeremiah Wray and Ngoc Phan.
Become a Patreon to get early and behind-the-scenes access along with email notifications for each new post.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So to everyone that supports this place - thank you.