Developed in conjunction with Flipside Circus and the transmedia collective ‘Counterpilot’, I created theatrical heart rate monitors and pedometers. My custom-built hardware was incorporated into a series of techno-circus experiments. Statum explored the interplay between human bodies and technology – audiences are invited to inhabit performer’s bodies, analyse their heart rate, and explore the interplay between acrobats.
- 2019/10/17 - 2019/10/27, Brisbane Powerhouse, Brisbane (AU)
- 60 minutes.
- Directed by: Nathan Sibthorpe and Robert Kronk
- Performers: Mia Hughes, Tula Homes, Zebedee Davies, Eden Vann, Oscar Morris, Indra Garvey, Samantha Giles, Cassidy Burke, Lucy Hunterland, Aurora Bennett-Godde.
- Production manager: Jeremy Gordon
- Technical Design by: Christine & John Felmingham
- Sound Design by: Mike Willmett
- Design Consultant: Sarah Winter
- Software Design by: Clinton Freeman
- Associate artists: Kelsey Booth
- Some Photos by: Flipside
You can join the conversation on Twitter or Instagram
Become a Patreon to get early and behind-the-scenes access along with email notifications for each new post.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So to everyone that supports this place - thank you.