Light of Extinction is a work developed by Embodied Media. The centrepiece of the work was a robot actuating an illuminated cloth over a landscape of video, noise and embodied sound. I wrote the software that controlled the robot via OSC messages sent by Max/MSP.
- Non blocking control of stepper motors on Arduino
- Using Golang to connect Raspberry Pi’s and Arduino’s over Serial
- Artists: Keith Armstrong and Lawrence English
- MaxMSP Design: Luke Lickfold
- Hardware design and construction: Michael Candy
- Photo: Keith Armstrong
Become a Patreon to get early and behind-the-scenes access along with email notifications for each new post.
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So to everyone that supports this place - thank you.