I developed a fully functional polygraph machine as part of my work within the transmedia collective ‘Counterpilot’. Custom software inferred a lie likelihood from biometric stress markers obtained from three different sensors. My custom built hardware broadcasted OSC messages that were used to dynamically alter the audio and visual environment of the performance. Truth Machine explored truth in a world of fake news and alternative facts.
- 2019/02/19 - 2019/03/02, Adelaide Fringe Festival, Adelaide (AU)
- 20 minutes.
- Directed by: Nathan Sibthorpe
- Sound Design by: Mike Willmett
- Software Design by: Clinton Freeman
- Technical Design by: Christine & John Felmingham
- Production Design by: Sarah Winter
- Performance by: Paige Poulier
- Photos: Dave D’Arcy
- Additional Collaborators: Toby Martin, Sean Dowling
- Model: Xanthe Jones
- 2019/04/08 - Switched to standard project template
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!