Developed in conjunction with Flipside Circus and the transmedia collective ‘Counterpilot’, I created theatrical heart rate monitors and pedometers. My custom-built hardware was incorporated into a series of techno-circus experiments. Statum explored the interplay between human bodies and technology – audiences are invited to inhabit performer’s bodies, analyse their heart rate, and explore the interplay between acrobats.
- 2019/10/17 - 2019/10/27, Brisbane Powerhouse, Brisbane (AU)
- 60 minutes.
- Directed by: Nathan Sibthorpe and Robert Kronk
- Performers: Mia Hughes, Tula Homes, Zebedee Davies, Eden Vann, Oscar Morris, Indra Garvey, Samantha Giles, Cassidy Burke, Lucy Hunterland, Aurora Bennett-Godde.
- Production manager: Jeremy Gordon
- Technical Design by: Christine & John Felmingham
- Sound Design by: Mike Willmett
- Design Consultant: Sarah Winter
- Software Design by: Clinton Freeman
- Associate artists: Kelsey Booth
- Some Photos by: Flipside
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!