Light of Extinction is a work developed by Embodied Media. The centrepiece of the work was a robot actuating an illuminated cloth over a landscape of video, noise and embodied sound. I wrote the software that controlled the robot via OSC messages sent by Max/MSP.
- Non blocking control of stepper motors on Arduino
- Using Golang to connect Raspberry Pi’s and Arduino’s over Serial
- Artists: Keith Armstrong and Lawrence English
- MaxMSP Design: Luke Lickfold
- Hardware design and construction: Michael Candy
- Photo: Keith Armstrong
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!