Crunch Time was a performative dinner party modelled on the democratic process. A guest chef prepares real food in response to ingredients voted on by a party of twelve. I designed, fabricated and coded 36 RFID based sensors that were hidden underneath a dinning table. As OSC messages were received from the table, custom software tallied the common vote on ingredient choices.
Crunchtime was presented at Next Wave in Melbourne from the 3rd to the 12th of May 2018.
- Conceived & Directed by: Nathan Sibthorpe
- Technical Design by: Christine Felmingham
- Sound Design by: Mike Willmett
- Software Design by: Clinton Freeman
- Visuals by: Sean Dowling
- Construction & Contraptions by: John Felmingham
- Performance by: Lauren Jackson
- Project Collaborators: Cam Clark, Toby Martin, Craig Wilkinson, Jeremy Gordon
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!