Cartoon heroes caught in a series of precarious circumstances are projected in front of an audience of innocent bystanders. As the clock ticks down, our heroes face certain danger. But tragedy can be avoided!
With a simple text message, you can be part of the solution. But it will take a few of you. If witnesses can rally enough people to participate in time, the hero can be saved. The question is… Can anyone be bothered?
I built the SMS voting system that interacted with video control software via OSC commands. Integrating with the Twilio Telephony API, my software triggered sound and video cues within QLab whenever the performance received a SMS.
- 10-15 minutes.
- 2020/09/04 – 2020/09/19, Brisbane Festival. Brisbane (AU)
- 2020/08/06 – 2020/08/16, Darwin Festival. Darwin (AU)
- Director: Nathan Sibthorpe
- Video Design: Craig Wilkinson
- Illustrator: Sean Dowling
- Sound Design: Mike Willmett
- Software Design: Clinton Freeman
- Programming Assistance: Jeremy Gordon
- Photos: Atmosphere Photography and Brisbane Festival
Hi! Subconsciously you already know this, but let's make it obvious. Hopefully this article was helpful. You might also find yourself following a link to Amazon, Lego or eBay to learn more about parts or equipment. If you end up placing an order, I make a couple of dollarydoos. We aren't talking a rapper lifestyle of supercars and yachts, but it does help pay for the stuff you see here. So a massive shoutout to everyone that enables this place. Thanks!